How may we serve YOU?
Who is the regional office of Education #40?
·Respond to legal questions from educators, boards of education and other citizens. Issue, register, and renew teacher certificates.
· Supervise and assist in transportation programs, scientific literacy programs and other staff development programs.
· Administer the G.E.D. testing programs, issue diplomas, and maintain records for 60 years.
· Disseminate information on scholarships and teacher vacancies.
· Conduct professional growth opportunities.
· Approve school calendars, in-service days, workshops and institutes.
· Conduct hearing for School Districts reorganization.
· Administer Truancy Intervention programs and Safe School Alternative Education programs.
· Assist the Illinois State Board of Education in the evaluation and recognition of public schools, and private schools who ask to be recognized.
· Maintain maps of all school districts.
· Administer cooperative programs.
· Monitor public schools during strikes.
· Remove any member of a school board for failure to perform official duties.
· Assist with cooperatives, special education programs and vocational programs.
· Serve as Ex-Officio secretary of the Regional Board of School Trustees.